I log on to The Purse Forum every once in a while and they have a Question of the Week. I’m pretty sure that’s where I saw “What is the Most Complimented Bag in Your Collection?” Oddly enough, for me, it’s not the higher-end $$$ bags that get the most compliments. It’s this Coach bag:
I’m not sure why it gets so many compliments but I’m guessing it’s a combination of these factors:
- Coach is a well-known mid-range brand so more people recognize it
- People seem shy around higher-end brands like Louis Vuitton, Chanel, etc.
- Living in a city of less than 150,000 people, most people probably don’t recognize Balenciaga or Valentino at all
- The colour is unique for me as I normally don’t wear light-coloured bags
- The shiny silver hardware gives this bag some flashy appeal
- The combination of leathers is attractive
Although this bag is a Coach Boutique bag, it was a delete from Boutique that I bought at the Outlet for about $400 CAD plus tax. A great deal, really. I find the Coach boutique bags in my collection hold up well, have good materials and are decently made, sometimes for a fraction of the cost of higher-end brands. Granted, they are made in China. Valentino, Louis Vuitton, Balenciaga and Chanel seem to be made primarily in Spain, USA, France, and Italy. This matters to many people, from what I gather by reading discussions on the Purse Forum.